CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) is based on a simple principle: connecting people to their local food source. When you join a CSA you are entering into a partnership that is dedicated to bringing fresh, organic produce directly from our fields to your table each week. Your membership helps to pay for seeds, water, equipment and labor in the early season when expenses are high and income is low. In return, the farm provides just picked seasonal produce each week beginning in June, for 20 weeks for our CSA members. CSA members make a commitment to support the farm through their annual membership. This commitment ensures the survival of local agriculture by sharing the risk and bounty of the farm. By joining you become an active part of the farm's success and community.
How Does It Work?
Our 2018 CSA season runs for 20 weeks from June 6th to October 18th. We are looking forward to increasing the number of CSA shares available in 2018 to be able to accommodate more new members.
Please choose your pick-up location for the CSA season 6/6/18-10/18/2018:
- Wednesday 4-7pm; Cure Organic Farm Store, 7450 Valmont Rd. Boulder, CO 80301
- Wednesday 4-7pm; Boulder Farmer's Market 13th between Arapahoe Ave. and Canyon Ave.
- Thursday 3-6pm; Cure Organic Farm Store, 7450 Valmont Rd. Boulder, CO 80301
- Saturday 9-1pm, Denver Union Station Farmers Market, 1701 Wynkoop St. Denver, CO.
CSA shares picked up at Cure Organic Farm store are distributed market style. What your share receives each week will be written on a large chalk board at pick-up. Members will choose and pack their own vegetables, fruit and flowers. Please bring your own bags. We will have bags available if you need them as well.
CSA shares picked up at either the Boulder Farmers Market or Denver Union Station Farmers Market will be pre-packed in boxes, per the rules and regulations for csa distribution at these markets. Please bring your own bags to transfer your csa items into if you prefer.
Share Size & Cost
In 2018 we'll offer 250 CSA shares. Please choose from the following:
Membership includes your weekly produce, a weekly newsletter, recipes, invitations to farm events and the opportunity to enjoy the farm each week.
To get on our mailing list for future CSA sign-ups, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Do I Get Each Week?
At Cure Organic Farm we grow over 100 varieties of vegetables and herbs. Each week you'll receive a diverse mix of crops that are in season. While no two weeks are the same, here is an example of a typical Medium share in August:
Eating seasonally is a delicious challenge. We grow over a hundred varieties of vegetables, herbs and flowers. Our partnerships with western slope growers allows us to provide a wide variety of organic fruit throughout the season. See more about our growing practices and our crop availability list by month here.
Artichokes Fava Beans Radish Arugula Fennel Salad Mix Beets Garlic Salsify Bok Choy Green Beans Scallions Braising Mix Head Lettuce Shallots Broccoli Heirloom Tomatoes Snap Beans Brussels Sprouts Kale Snow Peas Cabbage Leeks Spinach Carrots Lettuce Sugar Snap Peas Cauliflower Melons Summer Squash Celery Onions Sweet Corn Celeriac Parsnips Tomatoes Chard Peppers Tomatillos Cherry Tomatoes Potatoes Turnip Cucumbers Pumpkins Winter Squash Dry Beans Radicchio Zucchini Eggplant
Moxie Baking Co. Bread & Pastry Share
- l loaf of bread & 2 Kouign Amann pastries from Moxie Bread Company. Moxie bread share is "bakers choice", meaning each week members will choose from a variety of loaves & pasteries that the bakers prepare that morning for us.It will be on a 1st come, 1st serve basis for their selection.
- All breads have a European crust, moist & chewy inside. Your weekly selection will include (mostly):
- Ciabatta-Italian table loaf (250 gram)
- Farmhaus- A mild sourdough made with 40% whole wheat. (600 gram)
- Algerian-Our farmhaus dough shaped into a baguette (600 gram)
- Millabrød-Seeded farmhaus loaf with toasted pine nuts, pepitas, sesame & sunflower seeds (600 gram)
- Seeded Dark Rye-Dense European style 100 % whole grain rye loaf with sunflower seeds & pepitas (800 gram)
- Kouign Amann Pastry-Originated from Brittany, France. Translates to "French Butter Cake." Is laminated croissant dough with caramelized sugar in between each layer. Flaky, buttery, mildy sweet, and delectable!! We typically have 4 seasonal varieties to choose from. (100 gram each)
What Is Share the Bounty?
Community Supported Agriculture is about sharing - food, community, and bounty. Each year we make CSA memberships available at a reduced rate to lower-income households in our community. If you, your business, school or group would like to help pay for a subscription for one of these households, please indicate this on the Registration Form. If you feel like you would qualify for Share the Bounty, please contact us.