Cure Organic Farm is a commercial family farm located six miles east of Boulder, Colorado. We grow over 100 different varieties of certified organic vegetables, herbs and flowers on 15 acres. All of the crops we grow are distributed within 50 miles of the farm through a CSA program, to local restaurants, farmers markets and our farm store on site. The farm is also home to several honey bee hives, a flock of hens and ducks, and heritage Berkshire and Mangalitsa pigs which are rotationally grazed.
Post-Harvest and Packing Crew Member
Cure Organic Farm is currently hiring Post-Harvest Handling, Packing & Distribution Crew Members. The Post- Harvest Handling Crew is responsible for receiving, washing, packing and preparing for distribution our produce for markets including CSA, restaurants, farm store and farmers markets. Deliveries may be included in this position based on applicant’s interest. This is seasonal employment from April-October. The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday and hours vary seasonally between 25-40 hours a week. This is an hourly position starting at $10/hr. and includes weekly produce.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Preparing the packing shed to receive produce directly from the field.
- Work closely with Harvest Crew Leader to complete daily harvest.
- Walk in cooler inventory.
- Washing, packing and labeling produce based on orders.
- Documenting and working with in Cure Organic Farm’s Food Safety Plan.
- Cleaning post-harvest equipment and packing shed.
- Assist in maintaining harvest and packing records.
- Assist in deliveries and distribution as needed and as interested.
- Organize walk-in cooler.
We are looking for positive, reliable, responsible, and hardworking individuals who have a great sense of humor and are able to follow directions and communicate well with others. Attention to detail is critical and a passion for growing food essential. You must also be a team player, punctual and be able to work in all weather conditions. Be prepared to work outside and in the packing shed in all weather. Ideal candidates will have keen attention to detail and quality control as the packing shed is the last place we see our produce before our customers receive it. Previous farming experience is preferred. Must be in good physical condition and able to lift 50 pounds (squash and potatoes are heavy!). A valid driver's license, clean driving record and reliable transportation to and from the farm are required. The farm is a no smoking and drug free environment.
To apply, please submit a resume with references and a cover letter answering the following questions:
- Why you are interested in working at Cure Organic Farm?
- Are you interested in a full or part time position? When are you available to start? Are you available for the entire growing season from April-October?
- What previous experiences qualify you for the Post-Harvest & Packing Crew position? Please include past job experience and 3 references.
- What will you personally will bring to this position?
- Anything that will help us get to know you.
Please submit application by email to email@example.com attn: Post-Harvest & Packing Crew
If your qualifications meet our standards we will contact you for an initial interview here at the farm. If the initial interview goes well, we will invite you for a paid working interview, after which the employee and the farm managers will decide if the farm crew position is a good match.