Cure Organic Farm is a commercial family farm located six miles east of Boulder, Colorado. We grow over 100 different varieties of certified organic vegetables, herbs and flowers on 15 acres. All of the crops we grow are distributed within 50 miles of the farm through a CSA program, to local restaurants, farmers markets and our farm store on site. The farm is also home to several honey bee hives, a flock of hens and ducks, and heritage Berkshire and Mangalitsa pigs which are rotationally grazed.
Our Farm Crew is responsible for all daily farm operations. The majority of work requires the physical capability to contribute daily in a rigorous, fast paced agricultural setting, creating an incredibly rewarding, yet demanding work environment and life experience. A positive attitude and attention to detail is critical. Preference will be given to candidates who can commit to the full growing season of Mid-March or April-October or November. Please consider this commitment before applying. Pay is hourly, $10/hr, with a weekly produce share and a discount on our meat. Weekly schedule includes 5 days a week, 40-60 hours a week; Monday-Friday Farm Crew or Tuesday –Saturday Farm Crew. Both full and part time positions are available. Limited affordable housing on site is available, please ask if interested.
Crew members are responsible for all daily farm operations. Field work schedule includes:
- Green house & field seeding, transplanting, hand weeding, setting up irrigation, trellising, harvesting, washing and packing produce.
- Planting and harvesting flowers. Making bouquets for CSA and Farmers Market.
- For candidates with more experience opportunities for mechanical cultivation, and field prep is also available.
- General animal care including feeding, watering, collecting eggs and moving portable fences as needed.
- Farmers Market sales and CSA distribution.
Weekly Schedule Details
While farm work varies based on the season, below is an outline of what a typical weekly schedule looks like. In March and April our work day begins at 8am, but by the end of May our start time is 6am. We are usually finished by 5:00pm with the exception of week days we are at the evening farmers market or CSA distribution. We have 15 minute break mid-morning and take lunch around noon. In the peak of the season Friday harvests run long and we may not finish up until after 6pm. While we all work together as a team, some of our farm crew works Monday-Friday while some work Tuesday –Saturday. Please indicate which schedule you are applying for.
- Each day begins with animal chores and finishes up with watering the green houses, animal chores, cleaning the wash station and putting all equipment away.
- Monday: Focus on flowers and field work. Harvest flowers for CSA. Seeding, transplanting, setting up irrigation, weeding, mechanical cultivating, bed & field prep. Cooler inventory.
- Tuesday: Focus on harvest & packing. Harvest for CSA distribution, restaurant orders, farmers market and farm store. Boulder restaurant deliveries go out Tuesday afternoons.
- Wednesday: Finish harvesting for CSA distribution. Cut flowers & make bouquets for market/csa. Deliver Denver restaurant orders. Wednesday evening farmers market and CSA distribution.
- Thursday: Finish harvest for evening csa distribution. Cut flowers & make bouquets for weekend farmers markets. Field work including weeding, seeding, transplanting, trellising.
- Friday: Harvest for weekend farmers market, csa distribution, restaurants and farm store. Wash and pack all produce.
- Saturday: Boulder Farmers Market and Union Station Farmers Market. Load trucks, drive to markets, set up stand, sell at market. Markets finish at 2pm and we are usually back at the farm and finished for the day by 4:30-5pm.
Full time positions are 5 days a week, either Monday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday.(40-60 hrs/wk) Part time positions are available Monday, Tuesday and Friday. (20-30 hrs/wk) We will also be hiring for Farmers Market staff.
We are looking for positive, reliable, responsible, and hardworking individuals who have a great sense of humor and are able to follow directions and communicate well with others. Attention to detail is critical and a passion for growing food essential. You must also be a team player, punctual and be able to work in all weather conditions. Be prepared for rain, hail, snow, intense sun, wind, cold and heat each day in the field. Previous farm or landscape experience is required. Must be in good physical condition and able to lift 50 pounds (squash and potatoes are heavy!). A valid driver's license, clean driving record and reliable transportation to and from the farm are required. The farm is a no smoking and drug free environment.
To apply, please submit a resume with references and a cover letter answering the following questions:
- Why you are interested in working at Cure Organic Farm?
- Which schedule are you interested in: Monday-Friday or Tuesday–Saturday? Full time or part time?
- What previous experiences qualify you for the Farm Crew? Please include past job experience and 3 references.
- What will you personally will bring to this position?
- Anything that will help us get to know you.
Please submit application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org attn: Crew Member
If your qualifications meet our standards we will contact you for an initial interview here at the farm. If the initial interview goes well, we will invite you for a paid working interview, after which the employee and the farm managers will decide if the farm crew position is a good match.